[vdr] Re: where is vdr goin' to?

Juri Haberland wrote:

> Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> >> Finally a note about time frames: right now version 1.2 shall "settle",
> >> so there will only be bugfixes (if any) to that version in the immediate future.
> >> I'll go on vacation by the end of June until mid-July, so the 1.3.x developer
> >> line probably won't be starting before the end of July.
> >
> > Why dont you throw a bone in form of 1.3.x to the pack of dogs,
> > so they have something to chew and bitch about while you are
> > on well deserved holiday.
>
> I think it would be better to just have the latest stable version out
> there. The reason is that if Klaus put out a new developer version people
> will try this one and report (possebly) a lot of bugs instead of
> thoroghly testing the latest stable version. Would be nice to get the
> last bugs (if there are any) out of the stable version.

That's exactly my opinion, too. Besides, I currently don't have too
much that could reasonably be released as a 1.2.2, because the little
I have would probably break the most important patch (Elchi ;-), so
that it would just stir up a new wave of "Help!  The Elchi patch doesn't
work with 1.2.2".

I haven't even begun yet to work towards version 1.3.x, because I didn't want
to start anything new before my vacation. And even after that there will
be quite a while before 1.3.0, because one of the first things I'm planning
to do is to restructure the whole EPG and section filtering stuff, so that
plugins get easier access the these (which will be in preparation for
implementing the "autopid" stuff).

Klaus