[vdr] Re: dbox2 -> dreambox ?

> > The hardware is really nice, but the software part is really lousy. In
> > my eyes vdr is _the_ killer application for this machine!
>
> a friend told me that it is not THAT bad, there is the option to grab
> from the disk (wiljo´s pvas can handle this streams too)
> afaik one "problem" is that the hdd and network using the same irq and
> for that reason its not possible to use hdd and network together without
> problems

I had a dreambox for 3 months. If you only like to watch tv- it's ok. And if
you're looking for some sc it's ok, too. But if your (at least my) wife
isn't able to work with the menus, because they are neither logical nor
simple- _then_ this machine isn't good for peace at home. And this d****
thing deceided itself wether to record a broadcast or not......

I'm returning to a vdr-pc because- for my needs- it's the best compromize.
I only thought, that a vdr on a nice looking, small, ready-made sat-box
could be the dot on the i ("tüpfelchen auf dem i").

Uwe