[vdr] Re: Suggestion for vdr1.3.0 - Change general function of Up and Down, left and right keys during viewing.

redband wrote:

> I think would be much nicer if you could find some way of hooking into
> or overriding the existing "now/next" OSD, rather than duplicating it
> with the plugin's own OSD.  This may all be possible already but I'm
> sure Klaus could be persuaded to make it even easier to do for 1.3.x ...
> :-)  Maybe this could become the basis for that ultra low priority
> feature that everybody really wants...customisable skins for VDR ;-)

I am planning to work towards that direction in 1.3.x.
A plugin will be able to completely overwrite the channel display
(as well as other things, depending on how this turns out)
and implement its very own idea of it. Most likely, though, VDR
itself will adopt some of the stuff the "pilot" plugin does (which
is pretty much also what, for instance, the Sky Digibox does).

Klaus