[vdr] Re: dbox2 -> dreambox ?

Stefaan Coddé wrote:
> I've posted this before, there is excellent software for nokia
> mediamaster 9200,9500 and 9600.
> Easy to use menu (incl favorites list), fast teletext, quick channel
> change
> and for those who can spend the extra euro's to buy a scsi harddisk also
> harddisk recording.

i guess you dont use the harddisk recording stuff - because afaik its
not working that way - you will have to connect a pc and a software on
that pc has to be operated to record (DVBRecorder-v1.19d) and its not
possible to replay this stuff with the dbox - the processor of the box
is very small and it´s even not possible to replay a dvd (only vcd)

> and very good optimized code. Auto transponder search, search on all
> transonders, auto pid/pmd/sid.

but the new premiere direkt portal funktion does not exist for dbox1

> Expert mode : here you have access to all settings which are far more
> then the original software does.
> NTSC on the D-box? Sure. Full featured EPG? Sure, means 24hours epg data
> Want to store more teletext pages/channel info, just insert the ram into
> the free ram socket .

but because of the lack of ram you will have to wait a little on every
channel if you want to see mere then now/next on that channel

nothing like the whats now/next or the calender patch for vdr

> You can upload it via serial connection (not all dbox versions support
> this)

if you speak for a original bootblock/firmware, with a nokia bootloader
and dvb2000 it will work (vgrabber)

> or and optional BDM interface.
> Well, optional, kinda do it yourself.

no, best solution (beside the bdm) is to use scsi from your pc, it´s the
fastet way if you stick to dvb2000 (have a look at vgrabber)

> If SCSI devices where not so expensive, then I would stick to my nokia
> mediamatsre 9500.

??? even if you connect a dvd-rom, no dvd replay and no mp3 replay

> But ....times do change so, VDR has still a big future ahead.
>
> I would rather see some things from the DVB2000 software in VDR like the
> advanced channel searching
> and auto pid/pmt/sid detection.

does exit in dbox2 and has be adapted by andres schulz (autopid and scanner)

sorry dbox1 was good 2 years ago but compared with vdr it´s nothing

stability of vdr? - i dont have problems with that anymore since weeks,
the Metzler brothers, people from convergence and Klaus did a good job