[vdr] Re: RE : Re: Suggestion for vdr1.3.0 - Change general function of Up and Down, left and right keys during viewing.

Olivier Jacques wrote:

> @Klaus: I would like to use the cMenuItem class to display / wrap and
> scroll the extended info, as you do in menu.c. What is the best way to
> do, being given that I have to use cOsd class. I maybe need to
> re-implement the whole thing?

I've read this question several times, but I'm afraid I dont'
understand what you are asking me.

There is no cMenuItem class in VDR. All cMenuXxxItem classes
(in menuitems.h) are derived from cOsdItem. You shouldn't have to
do anything to cOsd. If you can't use the existing stuff, you can
always create your own raw OSD and display on it whatever you want
(in whatever fancy way you prefer ;-). Keep in mind, though, that
if you make it too complex, people using a DXR3 card may not be able
to use it, because AFAIK (but I may be wrong here) the DXR3 can only
display up to 4 colors per individual window area.

Klaus