[vdr] Re: CAM problems - revisited - solution!

Hi Klaus,

I assume this is the FW you where talking about yesterday.
I used VDR 1.2.1 + the DVB snapshot from yesterday
and installed the FW45.zip

BTW: I noticed you have a few patches on your ftp. I assume(d)
that the VDR 1.2.1 contains them all --> Is this the real McCoy?

Okay here goes: (DVB 1.6 Rev 1.4 CI CiMX 2.0 #103563)

Decryption (still ;o)) works for both Alphacrypt & Magic Module

Alphacrypt 1.0
Alphacrypt 1.10

Magic Modul Penta 1.09
Magic Modul Penta 1.10
Magic Modul Penta 1.11

Using two CAMS and a single smartcard and switching the smartcard
while doing a recording no longer results in a dieing VDR. NICE
move!! (you know I was bitching about that a while ago) All I get
(switched cards and waited about 20 seconds before inserting the
card into the other CAM) is a short interruption in the picture.
Fantastic ;o!! Also works for a paused recording ;o))

Oh, BTW: your erotik channels are missing the Diseqc commands
for Astra ;o)) Just noticed this while flipping through the channels.

Resetting the CAM works for both (didn't try while recording
tho ;o)) Takes about 10 seconds to continue watching the movie.

Getting the CAM Menu:

- works for the Magic Modul
- doesn't work for the Alpha

--> well it *does* work, but I can only see the menu in the console
log. The OSD doesn't show the Alpha menu (works great with the
MM tho) A quick look into the code didn't show me why this is (and
it's only true for the Alphas)

One minor twitch: If I switch to an encrypted channel, which isn't
supported on my card it takes VDR ages (well about 2 minutes) to
recover, so that I can continue flipping through the channels. Maybe
the switch channel should have a higher priority than the "wait until it
decrypts" routine. During this time I get:

ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 2
Jun 22 14:24:20 linux vdr[1278]: CAM: 1.11 PENTA, 01, 0100, CEEC

It's not a problem (since my card isn't able to decypher this channel), but
more a quirk. All that really bothers me (a minor bit ;o)) is that I have to
wait until VDR becomes responsive again.

Now go and take your well deserved vacation ;o))!!

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.