[vdr] Re: can the osd be accessed by a separate pthread?

Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de> wrote:

> >i would say this is a bug in vdr, because it should not use the osd
> >while a plugin has opened it. i guess it just uses the osd pointer
> >not knowing that it is already in use.

> Hello?  Did you read my first mail completely?  there i mentioned that
> i think it it not allowed

any reason to be that harsh?

> for a plugin to access the osd from a separate thread, this was what
> klaus told me in his answer to another post, about using
> Inetrface->Status() in a separate thread.

please tell what the RawOsd should be for then. when an plugin has
successfully opened the osd it (the osd) IS running in the same thread
as the plugin. so there is no access from different threads.

> >vdr has the possibility to shutdown the plugin at any time, for
> >example the menu button does trigger this.

> Hmm shutdown is a little bit to harsh IMHO, there should be a way to
> notify the plugin to stop using the osd for this period of time
> where status messages are displayed.

but thats the way it is implemented now.

> >IMHO, in your test case it is the other way round. vdr messes up the
> >tetris plugins osd. :o)

> Tell this klaus, i am eager for his answer  *g*

i'm quite sure, he will read this anyway. :)