[vdr] Re: streamdev-plugin

Am Mon, 2003-06-23 um 13.57 schrieb Andreas Mair:
> Hi,
>
> > > I wonder if there's a way to switch the channel the
> streamdev-plugin
> > > streams out on-the-fly? Maybe a set of SVDRP commands?
> >
> > What about just restarting MPlayer with the new address?
>
> That's what I'm doing, but some remotecontrol (like for example that
> from
> vdradmin) would be much more convenient...

You could use my patch for VDRADMIN-0.23. It adds a link "Live" to the
"What's running now"-section. When you click the link it opens a new
window in size of the video displaying the stream by a media-player (I
use MPlayer with plugger - just set streaming-type to PS and add

video/mpeg: mpg,mpeg: MPEG
	stream: mplayer -vo XXX -ao XXX -cache 128 -wid $window -

to /etc/pluggerrc.

This combination also allows to resize the window/video by mouse.

Rene

P.S.: patch is at http://bartschnet.de/vdradmin-0.23-streamdev-patch.bz2