[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 13:53, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2003 1:37 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to announce, that I'm about to write a plugin, that uses xine as
> > an output device for VDR. In that way, a "software only" solution for
> > playback would be possible.
> <applause> You'll make a lot of people very happy, mind you most of them will
> probably grumble and say 'I prefer MPlayer...' but hey, they're not the ones
> doing the coding :)
> > I think, a first version could be available in about three weeks from now
> > on.

sounds like a good idea to me, I generally prefer xine over mplayer for
most things anyway, and a software output like that is something I'd
like (had stuff going piping to mplayer playing on a fbconsole for a
good while, but there's no display of the OSD stuff that way, although
you can have the debug_osd stuff turned on, which gives you an OSD on
the console vdr is running on, it doesn't really relate to what you're
seeing quite as well). Again, count me in as a volunteer for testing
this :)

Barry Hughes                 <bazza@bazza.com>              http://bazza.com/
linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)