[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to announce, that I'm about to write a plugin, that uses xine as an output device for VDR. In that way, a "software only" solution for playback would be possible.
Well, that is something that you already can do with the mplayer plugin. You just have to call xine instead of mplayer in the mplayer.sh :)

This is my solution for DVD-Playback, because mplayer sucks big time for playing DVDs and the DVD-Plugin has some problems with some Menus of my only DVD I own (LotR, extended) :)

And as I use a dxr3 (I have only a Nova-DVB), xine is really wonderful! :). Best DXR3 support I have ever seen... (except VDRs DXR3-Plugin!).

Frank