[vdr] Re: R: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:28:50PM +0100, Simeon Walker wrote:
> >It'd be great, but I'm wondering if it is possible to use mpeg2 chips
> >included in some motherboard with tv-out, for example in mini-itx via eden.
> >

> I think that chip on VIA motherboards is completely undocumented. Which
> is kinda crazy given the potential use of that type of motherboard...

Not anymore. About 2 weeks ago there was a package with the new drivers
for linux on ftp.viaarena.com, including API-documentation and some
programming examples for mpeg2-decoding, alpha-blending and
picture-in-picture. These were removed some days later, but today there
was a mail from Alan Cox an the dri-devel list with the announcement, that
he got some new drivers from via. They'll be probably checked in the
dri-cvs soon and include the kernel-part, dri-parts and normal x11-parts.
There are already people, that started writing a vo_cle266 for mplayer, so
I think we can expect something usable in the next weeks.
Especially the alpha-blending part is really interesting for vdr, as it
provides some nice possibilities for the osd.

Bye,
Matthias
--
Matthias.Mueller@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de