[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

Hi,

Frank Scherthan wrote:

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to announce, that I'm about to write a plugin, that uses xine as an output device for VDR. In that way, a "software only" solution for playback would be possible.
Well, that is something that you already can do with the mplayer plugin. You just have to call xine instead of mplayer in the mplayer.sh :)
Yes, I've already run some tests that way. But my intention is to support the VDR OSD via xine's OSD. That's what I forgot to mention in my announcement, so expect that it will take more coding then just rename "mplayer.sh" with "xine".

This is my solution for DVD-Playback, because mplayer sucks big time for playing DVDs and the DVD-Plugin has some problems with some Menus of my only DVD I own (LotR, extended) :)
I've seen some messages prefering mplayer over xine. I was evaluating mplayer some weeks ago and find that it is much more complicated to extend the way I would like it to work than xine with its plugin technology.

Anyway, my decision for this project is fix now.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de