[vdr] cheap remote-receiver any good?

Hello,

I want to build a second PC with VDR.
As a remote receiver in my first PC I have IRMAN. That one is really good, all commands are received, regardless the load of the CPU.
A friend of mine has a "cheap" receiver, where the commands are decoded by CPU, he has severe problems like pressing a button several times before the command gets recognized.
Now IRMAN is expensive, so I am reluctant to buy it again.

--> Has anyone made good experience (means: no problems) with a cheap remote-receiver?
Btw: I donīt want to build a receiver, but buy it ready for use.

Thanks
Anaxares