[vdr] Re: VDR feature request - Keyboard led indicators.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:48:21 +0200
"Johannes Schoeller" <schoeller@izeman.net> wrote:

> do you think that this could be made possible via serial port?
> my parallel port is already connected to an lcd (via lcdproc plugin)
>
> servus hannes!

If you don't mind spending a couple of euro (around 70 last time i checked matrix orbital LCDs, around 40 for the ones at kernelconcepts.de), the lcdproc plugin already supports led output for LCDs that have this capability (looking at the lcdproc 0.4.4 driver it looks like almost every driver has support for the output pins, but the lcd must physically have support for the outputs too, and I believe you are using a Hd44780 lcd, looking at the pictures on your vdr page) .

On my VDR machine I am currently monitoring six outputs through a matrix orbital LK204-25-WB ( http://www.matrixorbital.com/manuals/lk20425/index.htm ):

- Power On
- Recording on DVB1
- Recording on DVB2