[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh 0.8.3 a bit slower as it could be

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> JFYI : Yesterday I went from 0.8.1 to 0.8.3 because I could not Play DVD's
> with 0.8.1 (more in next posting).
>
> Unfortunatly one of my "Test" AVI's was a bit slower (jerkyer) than with
> 0.8.1.
>
> It showed out to be these Thre lines in the .conf :
>
> #Subtitle options
> SUBPOS="80"		#Vertical position 0-100
> SUBCOLOR="0"		#Background color 0=black 255=white
> SUBALPHA="30"		#Background transparency (0-255)
>
> I commented them out an the Movie was played faster again.
> It is not much slower with these options, but as the AVI has a lot of
> movements and my P3-933 then is at its limits it was enough to make the
> movie jerky.
>
> Are these Options not only used with DVD's ?

No, they are used also for subtitles with avis (there are subtitle files
out there in the internet for various languages and various movies - ever
wanted to see Tomb Raider with portuguese subs?)

I could make this a config option, something like 'disable subtitles'.

Comments?

Cheers,
Juri