[vdr] Re: segmentation fault immediately after start of vdr

Hallo,

>I am trying my first installation of vdr and am not able to get it
>running. Every time I start it, it only says "segmentation fault" and
>terminates immediately. I suppose that I have made something wrong or
>omitted something that is selfunderstood for all of you, but not for me
>as a beginner.

Have you tried only the DVB driver from 08.06 ?

I had Problems like yours (crashes) when using that one - see Mail "Re:
New firmware fixes memory sharing with OSD" from 11.06.03

With previous DVB Drivers, f.x. 24.05.2003 (from cadsoft Website) and with
11.06.03 from CVS (http://www.linux-dvb.tv/download/dvb-20030611.tar.bz2)
I have no Problems.

I am using a Standard SuSE 8.0 with the SuSE Kernel that came with it.

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen