[vdr] Re: Feature Request: lm_sensors OSD

> I got an idea :) Would it be possible to code a plugin that shows teps
> of cpu and case on the OSD if lm_sensors is properly installed? Maybe
> right into the VDR main menu. I think this would be great because VDR's
> are computers and they need appropriate cooling. So we would be warned
> if it gets to hot. Maybe even a save shutdown would be possible. E.g.
> the plugins realizes the VDR gets too hot and shuts down automatically.
>
> Just an idea, but I think it would be cool.

sorry to dissapoint you. :) but that idea is not new...

goto http://webspace.t-systems.at/schoeller/LCDsensors.pl and you'll get all
you need.
i adapted that .pl (what i not made by me) to my needs.

unfortunately i makes my vdr totally crash after some time. but i think
that's not the scripts fault but some problems with the i2c bus. but who
knows. so i don't let it run all the time.

imho it's better to make a "script" you call from within "commands-menu"
which output all wanted data on the tv screen.

but... try it out and pls report back

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@izeman.net>