[vdr] Re: Feature Request: lm_sensors OSD

Hi!

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 14:53, Sebastian Kemper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got an idea :) Would it be possible to code a plugin that shows teps
> of cpu and case on the OSD if lm_sensors is properly installed? Maybe
> right into the VDR main menu. I think this would be great because VDR's
I do it without a plugin by using the "Commands" menu. It simply calls
sensors and the result is automatically displayed in the OSD. If you
like, you could format it a little using sed or whatever...

> are computers and they need appropriate cooling. So we would be warned
> if it gets to hot. Maybe even a save shutdown would be possible. E.g.
> the plugins realizes the VDR gets too hot and shuts down automatically.
I don't think that this should be the job of a VDR plugin... but it
should be no problem to check that and execute a shutdown if something
gets too hot using some simple scripts.

In this context the only plugin/feature I am thinking of would be (I
don't know if something exists already) to display any message of an
external program (e.g., given by a special command at the VDR port).

Bernhard