[vdr] Re: problems with a nova-s

Hermann Gausterer wrote:
> i bought a new nova-s card additional to my dvb-s 1.3
> but vdr does not work with it ..
> vdr -D 0 works as expected, but without "-D" the card comes
> to use and as soon as VDR trys to record with the nova
> it restarts .. this as an result that no data is received on the
> second card. vdr.001 stay at zero size

Hm, maybe a tuning or DiSEqC problem.
Apparently some cards have problems with some DiSEqC switches.
Turn off DiSEqc and check whether it works...

> the card does work with the "scan" utility form the
> dvb driver package, but something is strange here
> that is realy strange, the two cards are attached
> to the same diseqc switch
>
> as an example, pro 7 is only found on the 1.3 card

Are only the channels from the Pro7/SAT.1 transponder missing?
-> This sounds like the good old DECT phone problem...

Is only vertical polarization affected?
-> Maybe a DiSEqC incompatibilty.

Some other things you could try:
Swap the SAT cables.
Remove the 1.3 card. Does the scan problem disappear?

Oliver