[vdr] Re: Improving VDR's OSD

Hi,

> What I would like to improve a bit is the look of the osd. The osd is
> very functional, but compared to neutrino for example, it is a bit drab.

I think the OSD is absolutely OK: functionality is most important
And about "eye-candy": I prefer to have it clear.
But that's just my opinion.

> I am interested in improving the look of the osd a bit and my question
> is, if vdr has something like "templates" or if the hole osd programming
> is strewn at large in the code?
>
> Klaus, do you think it is very complicated to work on the osd? What do
> you think about it in general? Maybe it is possible to create themes...

Well, I'm not Klaus (AFAIK he's on well deserved holidays), but I'll answer
anyway ;-)
AFAIK: Klaus plans something like skins/themes for the upcoming v1.3
development branch. The main problem with the OSD is the limited memory
available on the DVB cards: you have to choose between number-of-colors and
size.

Regards,
Andreas