[vdr] Re: problems with a nova-s

hi

> For a long time I had the same problems that he has , but never could
> find a solution on the mailing list.

this remind me to something ;-)

oliver endriss told me some things to try, but i havent had the
time until now to do it ..

> Here is, what I found out:

> The problem only occurs, after the machine was powered off for some time.
> Then I do a "make rmmod":
> dvb-ttpci: Device or resource busy
> input: Device or resource busy
> make[1]: *** [rmmod] Fehler 1

this does NOT happen here .. all modules are removed
cleanly even on the first try

> I tried this now for a few times, and it allways worked for me.

what was the missing functionality in your case?
and what was after the second remove and insert?
is then everything ok??

> So I'm optimistic that this can solve the problems of the other
> NOVA-users too.

it is to bad that i was not aware of this problem .... i would never
bought a nova anymore ... i thougt that this is the first time in
history i buy additonal hardware, build it in and everthing is
ready and working without any file-changing ... :-(

> P.S. VDR is great!!! Thanks a lot to Klaus and all the other developers!
me too !!! ... the only negative point on vdr is the time you miss in case
of watching shows, you would never record with an classic VCR ;-))

hermann