[vdr] Re: problems with a nova-s

what was the missing functionality in your case?
and what was after the second remove and insert?
is then everything ok??

It seemed they where the same, that you discribed.

As soon as VDR tried to use the NOVA for recording, VDR executed an emergency exit.
VDR complained in /var/log/messages about "video data stream broken" (or something like that)
an then exited.
In former times the message sounded like "video data stream broken on device 2".
There was somebody on the list who described the same problem, but never got an solution.

Did you (just for fun) already tried an old VDR version with the NOVA?
I think that VDR-1.04 with the recommended driver for that version did not show that error .
But I´m not sure about that.
Because in the days of VDR-1.04, I just had a single LNB and the LNB sharing patch wasn`t provided.
These days I tried to use the NOVA just for testing.
I think there wasn´t that problem.
If your NOVA works with that old driver version, maybe this could help to find the reason for the problem.

Sorry that you didn`t succeed.
I was quite sure, you suffer from the same problem.

Martin