[vdr] Re: Recomendations for DVB card

From: "Frank Scherthan" <Frank.Scherthan@t-online.de>
> I just don't know enough about the standards in US.
> But if I remember correctly it was different to what we have here in
> Europe.
> I think, that you can't get the streams of some of your major networks,
> 'cause they use something else than Mpeg2 streams.

Well - we had this discussion a short while ago.

There are some networks that transmit DVB via satellite to the U.S.
Most digital video transmission is ATSC though. Which is very similar
to DVB (MPEG2 TS, etc.) but a different standard.

Have a look at www.lyngsat.com to find out just what is available
as DVB via sat to the U.S.

rgds

   Wiljo