[vdr] Re: problems with a nova-s

From: "Martin Bitz" <bitz-loetsysteme@t-online.de>
> >what was the missing functionality in your case?
> >and what was after the second remove and insert?
> >is then everything ok??
> >

> It seemed they where the same, that you discribed.
>
> As soon as VDR tried to use the NOVA for recording, VDR executed an
> emergency exit.
> VDR complained in /var/log/messages about "video data stream broken" (or
> something like that)
> an then exited.
> In  former times the message sounded like "video data stream broken on
> device 2".
> There was somebody on the list who described the same problem, but never
> got an solution.
>
> Did you (just for fun) already tried an old VDR version with the NOVA?
> I think that VDR-1.04 with the recommended driver for that version did
> not show that error .
> But I´m not sure about that.
> Because in the days of VDR-1.04, I just had a single LNB and the LNB
> sharing patch wasn`t provided.
> These days I tried to use the NOVA just for testing.
> I think there wasn´t that problem.
> If your NOVA works with that old driver version, maybe this could help
> to find the reason for the problem.
>
> Sorry that you didn`t succeed.
> I was quite sure, you suffer from the same problem.
>
> Martin

I have the same problem. I have one DVB-s and one NOVA-s card in my system.
I use VDR for over 1 1/2 years and I started with vdr 0.9.x.  Untill version
1.0.4 everything works well. After i switched to vdr 1.1.x, vdr restart if
it use the NOVA card for recording (/var/log/messages: "video data stream
broken"), but only after turn on the computer. With VDR 1.2.1 I get no
messages in the log and VDR don't use the second card until I make a restart
by myself.
I don't know if this fault is a driver or a vdr issues, but I things it's a
driver problem.

Frank