[vdr] Re: VDR AIO expansion board.

--On den 28 juni 2003 11:59 +0200 Claas Hilbrecht <claas@jucs-kramkiste.de> wrote:

If you're talking about the extension board from Thomas Breuer I can give
you good news. Thomas is now ready for the final steps and he's making
some last modifications before he will place an order for a small series
of his pcbs.
This is great!

The web page says:
"One set of boards made by one of the PCB prototype manufacturers costs about 75 EUR with stop masks (I mean the PCBs only, w/o components!)."

I'd recommend you to check out "http://www.olimex.com/pcb/index.html";
where you get a 100*160 double sided with solder masks and
one side component placing print, cut to your liking for USD26
plus USD5 for shipping, subsequent orders are cheaper.
I have no connection to them, I am just a pretty happy customer.

I have two questions:
This design uses 51 ohm resistors and a C/L/C pi filter on
the video outputs from the DVB card. Is this really enouh
as ESD protection, or should you add extra protection?
(I have been thinking of using a video amp and hope that I
can find one with good protection built in or that if anything
bad I happens I just fry that one.)

I think I would like to have an audio amp too, since the
audio output from the card seems to have a pretty low level.
Any thoughts on that?

Regards,
/ragge