[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

On Saturday 28 June 2003 14:22, Wiljo Heinen wrote:
> I remember the discussion a while ago re. vbv-delays and a patch that
> would increase vbv-delay on I-Frames (because of driver issues).
>
> I don't remember how this turned out and whether this patch made it
> into 1.2 . Stop reading, if it didn't and excuse my lazyness not
> looking it up.

That patch never made it into vdr. Finally the problem was fixed by
increasing the buffer size in the firmware...

> As this patch worked in the "area of headers" where one would also
> find picture types: Is there something in 1.2 that mangles video
> headers ? If there was a problem there, that would explain this kind
> of error.

Usually this kind of error occurres if the recording is broken due to
ring buffer overflows or bad signal quality. If this happened there
should be some error messages in the syslog while recording:
- ring buffer overflow
- skipped .. byte to sync on TS packet
- skipped .. bytes to sync on TS packet on device ..

Oliver