[vdr] Re: vdr hogging cpu while using mplayer plugin

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2003 Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > For some reason when I play video files using the mplayer plugin the vdr
> > processes go wild and hog a lot of cpu (even 98%). If I use -vo mga to
> > show the video on the big screen the video plays fine (mplayer cpu usage
> > is low anyway), but if I use -vo dxr3 the video goes jerky.
>
> Which VDR thread hogs the cpu?

Well, it seems that sometimes its just one thread and sometimes two using
even amounts of cpu. I can investigate further if you think it would be
valuable.

> Did I understand correctly, that you are using the dxr3 as
> primary device?

Yes. Of course, when I play something with mplayer -vo mga, dxr3
shouldn't even be doing anything. :)

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64