[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

> > > Hi,
> > > I'd like to announce, that I'm about to write a plugin, that uses xine as
> > > an output device for VDR. In that way, a "software only" solution for
> > > playback would be possible.

I love to hear that!

> sounds like a good idea to me, I generally prefer xine over mplayer for
> most things anyway, and a software output like that is something I'd
> like (had stuff going piping to mplayer playing on a fbconsole for a
> good while, but there's no display of the OSD stuff that way, although
> you can have the debug_osd stuff turned on, which gives you an OSD on
> the console vdr is running on, it doesn't really relate to what you're
> seeing quite as well). Again, count me in as a volunteer for testing
> this :)

Could you please tell me how you pipe vdr's output to mplayer (please
give me an example of the comands you run as I've never used fifos and
that type of stuff and I'm not very good if you explain something to me
in theory) and how you get the OSD output on the console?

Regards,
	Oliver