[vdr] Re: Remote Control over USB

Stephan Schmidt schrieb:
Hi All!

No, i have no solution for vdr. sorry. But i have a really nice
device for the windows soft "girder". It is based on
a AVR AT90S2313 and builds the USB-Interface in software which means
that the overall costs are relatively small. Not as small as Igor, Igor
Cesko the genius builder of this device, states on his homepage but
small enough for people with a small budget like me.:-)
The question i have is, is someone skilled enough to write something for
lirc or for interfacing directly to vdr. I'm a willing tester but an
really horrible programmer. :-( possibly i can spend one or two ready
made devices if someone is really interested in helping me.
I'm no programmer, too. But I think writing some kind of driver is no good idea. It would be better to add a Input-device class to the firmware. That way the remote would be handled like a USB-keyboard by the generic input-device module in linux (which is used by the remote-control plugin from Oliver Endriss as the Siemens/Hauppauge DVB-S cards use the input-device for their remote-hardware).

That way a generic solution would be used also capable of other jobs than VDR.

Rene