[vdr] Re: recording card number

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: recording card number (13-Jul-2003 11:19)
From:    Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> apieper@gmx.net wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > with the '-r' option i can start a script and get
> > the recording-name as a argument but is there a
> > possibility to retrieve the number of the
> > recording card?
> > (and/or more infos about the started recording
> >  like stoptime etc.?)
>
> You could implement a plugin that reacts on cStatus::Recording() to get the
> device number. However, there's no immediate way of getting the stop time.

That's what i have done. I rewrote the status-plugin to fit my needs.
I am using 3 DVBs-cards in my vdr-box, and i control recording-indicator-leds
with the plugin, so that i can see wich card is busy. (up to VDR 1.0.4 i used
a shell script wich parsed the user.log for this purpose)

I also get the record-name if a card starts recording, but i get no
record-name if a card stops recording, only NULL.

> What would you need these for, anyway?

Mainly for internal purposes like error-tracking.
I would like to see wich recoding is done by wich card.

On the other hand this can be interestant if i want to use a specific
card to record more than one recording. In my vdr-box there are 2*Rev. 1.3
and 1 budget-Card, but as what i know only the budget-card can handle
more than 1 recording at the same time.

So if i know wich frequency the budget-card is recording (derived from
the recording-name) i can decide if it is OK to start another recording
on that frequency without blocking one of my Rev. 1.3 cards.

...Andreas