[vdr] Re: How can I see which recording is going on

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Wolfgang Goeller wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> with ps I can't see, wether there is any recording done at the moment.
>> Especially I would be interested, to see, which device is recording and
>> what it is recording.
>>
>> Of course in /var/log/messages I get the info. But is there an easier way?
>
>You could write a plugin that keeps track of this information.

Which should be really simple indeed. Look at the "status" sample plugin
that VDR provides, it should be pretty easy to adapt so that you keep
track of what currently is being recorded and where. Displaying the info
to the user may require a bit more thinking (at least for me it does), but
should be fairly easy too.

--
By reading this message, you may be causing Armageddon. Needless to say,
Armageddon will wipe out your hard drive and damage your computer.