[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:52:02 +0200, Andreas Mair
<Andreas.Mair@linogate.com> wrote:

> > Could you try to set the value of hw_sections to 1 in av7110.c?
>
> Do you really mean in the source or is it enough to set it as module
> parameter?

You can also use the module parameter.

> > This has changed with the new driver. I had a different problem before
> > and had to set it to 0 in the old driver. I changed it now back to 1 and
> > will see if further corruptions happen.
>
> OK, I can try it. I've set it to "0" because of missing lines in the OSD and
> it helped. Let's see what "1" will bring...

I have changed the driver code in av7110.c now. I have changed:

if (hw_sections) {

if (hw_sections || av7110->saa->dvb_adapter->num == 0) {

hw_sections stays at 0. With this the OSD on the primary still works and
on the secondaries the problem disappeared. I have tested now several
times with lots of parallel recordings on my 4 card system and I
couldn't reproduce the error. It seems to be that the problem is in this
area. Now the driver developers should have a look.

Emil