[vdr] Re: spdif and DD receiver

I want to avoid an optical link at all cost, having heard the difference between optical and coaxial connections. I know there should not be any, but there are, and optical does sound "cold".

I'll probably go for the schematics at
http://www.vdrportal.de/info/scart/images/technotrend.png (lower left)
to lower the voltage.

Thanks,

Andreas

Matthias Ehmann wrote:
Hello,

Sebastian Kemper wrote:

Hello,

does the Asus coax/digi-out module lower the 5V before it directs it to the coax out?

I do not know. But looking at the adapter I cannot see many components that should do that.
I believe best would be to use the optical output.

Matthias

Sebastian

--
Dieser Schriftverkehr kann rechtlich geschuetzte und/oder
vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der