[vdr] Re: TS-Streaming and Xine

Am Don, 2003-07-24 um 20.15 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:
> Hello list,
>
> I've just installed xine to have a look at differences in HTTP-Streaming
> with Xine/MPlayer. From what I can tell, TS-Streaming with XINE works
> without _any_ problems (runs for hours now, while the server has been
> excessively used, e.g. recording, playback, cutting, switching).
>
> Can this be confirmed? Since other protocols work, also with other players,
> but not without problems mostly, I'd like to declare at lease the
> combination TS/Xine as stable.

I can confirm this. It works rock solid. With audio-only channels there
are gaps in the stream (I already mailed you about). But A/V-streams
work fine (Xine even handles timing of the soundcard correctly).

After Reinhard Nissl mailed Xine-lib CVS supporting MPEG-PES now, it
would be capable to play recordings, too. Currently CVS seems to be
down, but I'll test replaying recordings when CVS is up again.

Currently I'm considering to say goodby to mplayer changing to Xine ...

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24