[vdr] Experience with Hermes 651 needed

Hi all,

has anybody any experience with the MSI Hermes 651 barebone? I just
got one some weeks ago and built up a VDR system with it: Celeron 2GHz
(the one with the lowest power consumption, AFAIK), DVB-S 1.6 (for
RGB out), DVD LiteOn, 60 GB notebook disk, no floppy. After powering
on, all 4(!) fans start with maximum speed (horrible) snd after
some 30 seconds the speed is reduced so that the box is rather quiet. But, for me, it's still too loud for my living room.
After a small investigation, it seems to me, that the CPU fan is
mainly responsible for the noise. This cooler comes with the box and
fits almost perfectly. But what can you expect from a 40mm fan.

So, anybody out there who has an idea how to fix this or already fixed
this in his own box? Perhaps another cooler combination or a heatpipe?
I do not plan to include a floppy in my box, so there could be even
more space for fan/cooler, if I cut out the floppy pit.
It should be possible to get this box a little less noisy.

Bye, Ingo

--
* Ingo Janetzki Phone: +49-6221-1486-12 *