[vdr] Re: EPG scan does not start

Frank Scherthan wrote:
> Andreas Hölscher wrote:
>> hi,
>> I set the EPG starttime to for example 1h but vdr does not start scanning
>> after that time.
>> Any hint what can be wrong?
>> 1 fullfeatured dvb card
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> You have only one card...
> AFIK an EPG-scan will only be made with a card, that is "idle". So if
> you want an EPG-scan, you will have to put in another DVB-card or switch
> to every channel for a few seconds=scanning manually.

According to VDR's manual that is wrong:

EPG scan timeout = 5
	The time (in hours) of user inactivity after which the
	DVB card in a single card system starts scanning channels
	to keep the EPG up-to-date.
	A value of '0' completely turns off scanning on both single
	and multiple card systems.

Cheers,
Juri