[vdr] Re: cpu load remains high when recording is finished

when a recording starts the cpu load goes up to about 45%-55%. That's ok,
Well, I don't think it's ok. What CPU du you have? My EPIA M6000 (forgot about the CPU name now) goes up to 15%, but it's a very slow CPU (600 MHz)

but when the recording is finished the cpu load stays at this level until
I manually switch to another channel.

Is this the expected behavior?
Yes, it is. When recording, VDR enters a so called "transfer mode", and it does not leave it after the recording is finished. Transfer mode will be stopped if you switch channels.

I don't like this behaviour, too, because it prevents the EPG scan from running (if you do a late night recording, transfer mode stays active the whole night and maybe the next day, no EPG scan is done, no EPG data available, VDRadmin's AutoTimers will not work).

bye, Michael

--
netWorks Vox: +43 316 698260
Michael Reinelt Fax: +43 316 692343