[vdr] Re: CAM Problem - not decrypting

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> lischuh@web.de wrote:
> >
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> > >Well, I guess then my reply is too late, but here goes anyway...
> >
> > Hi KLaus,
> > thanks for your reply. I already had to give the module back, but I bought one for myself.
> > It was really a bargain, so I thought it would be nice to test the module with VDR.

[cut]
> > --> 01 01 A0 20 01 90 02 00 03 9F 80 32 17 03 2E E1 01 00 07 01 09 04 4A 60 E6 00 00 00 A0 00 00 00 00 50 00 00
> > <-- 01 01 80 02 01 00
> >     .  .  .  .  .  .

I thought that this is the line where VDR sends the CA_PMT descriptor.

> > --> 01 01 A0 01 01
> > <-- 01 01 80 02 01 00
> >     .  .  .  .  .  .
> > --> 01 01 A0 01 01
> > <-- 01 01 80 02 01 00
> >     .  .  .  .  .  .
>
> What I don't see here is whether VDR actually sends any CA_PMT descriptors to
> the CAM. Are there any lines output when you switch to an encrypted channel,
> as suggested under "8 Sending AOT_CA_PMT" in ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt ?
>
> > Then I made a last test:
> > I put in my old Windows 98 - Harddisk, downloaded the newest driver and applications form www.hauppauge.de and started the test.
> > And the module works fine with the 2.26 and the 0.78 firmware.
> >
> > Where is the problem?
> > I think the messages on the console looks good.
> > Is this a driver related problem, or has it something to do with VDR?
>
> Well, it's hard to tell.
> It would help a lot if you could in some way capture the data exchanged
> between the program and the CAM under Windows, and list it in a similar
> way than VDR. This helped me a lot when finding out why some CAMs worked
> with the '-icam' firmware, but not with the "link-layer" version.
> But I guess under Windows this is not really possibly... :-(

I don't know a way to log the data between the application and the cam module under windows.
Sorry :-(

Another (maybe stupid) question:
Is it possible that the data-stream coming from the tv-station is not 100% DVB-conform?

Liam