[vdr] RGB-out problem

Hi all,

I have built a scart plug for the J2 connector of a Rev. 1.6 board. RGB-output
basically works but there is an annoying interference-pattern on the
television. The cable I made does not have any shielding at all so I am not
really surprised of the output ;)   However, I just found out that this
pattern is somewhat connected to the audio output :
I tried to watch a NTSC DVD (got PAL-TV, so that's why I need RGB-out). The
DVD played well (in color ;) ) but there was this pattern. Then I quit the
DVD plugin and the tuned channels appeard. But this time, the pattern was
gone ! I had an excellent clear, crisp, colorful picture. As a sideeffect (of
quitting the DVD plugin probably) the sound was also gone.

So no sound , no pattern !?

Also when I switch channels, the pattern disappears for an instant. Maybe
because also sound is off for short period when switching.

So should I simply disconnect the two wires at pin 6 and 8 (left and right
audio channels)? I wouldn't need sound via scart anyway because I have a DD
receiver (creative inspire5700).
Or can I add some kind of shielding to the cable? It is a scart connector on
the one side and a sub-d 9pin female connector on the other side. I used an
old serial port interface cable to connect the J2 with this scart cable.
Seems to be a perfect solution as no soldering is need (except the scart plug
of course)

With this solution I can no longer connect the Asus SPDIF interface card to
the J2. Any ideas how I can easily solder the 3 wires to the existing Scart
cable?? I am not really good at soldering and neither is my equippment.

Thanks a lot.

Thomas