[vdr] Re: GraphLCD-plugin Hardware problems

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 11:15 am, you wrote:
> It seems that there are some strange BIOS functions accessing the port:
>
> - If I boot from an MSDOS-bootdisk, I have full control over the parallel
> port (but I can't access the filesystems there)

My very uninformed guess is this is perhaps the Linux Plug-N-Play system
looking for a printer on the port every couple of seconds?

Is may prove useful to disable PnP (or at least the ISA stuff?) in the kernel
options, or perhaps even try to remove it in the lp kernel code itself?

As I say, purely hypothesis! :)

Cheers,
Gavin.