[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

> > > Do you really mean in the source or is it enough to set it as
module
> > > parameter?
> >
> > You can also use the module parameter.
>
> OK, I've running my vdr box since 7 days with the usual tests.
> The only change I made was setting "hw_section=1" (had been "0").
> There had been *no* corrupted recordings since then, whereas they
usualy
> happened withing 1 - 3 days.
> So maybe the bug has something to do with this section?
>
> BTW:
> The current NEWS of the dvb driver states for the 1.0.0 release (not
yet
> released is it?) as changes from pre3:
>
> o AV7110 driver fixes: OSD memory handling; v4l overlay window fixes
for
> Zapping (http://zapping.sourceforge.net/); SW section filter fix
(stale
> data); MAC handling for dvb_net; link-level CI fixes (for VDR); fix
> DMX_GET_STC to get the msb right; I2C bus speedup; fix grabbing in
> VIDEO_PALETTE_UYVY mode
>
> Does anybody know if this "SW section filter fix" has something to do
with
> our problem and might fix it? I'll try the driver ASAP, but you know
it
> lasts some time to see if it works...

Hi,

I tried the final driver yesterday and I was not able to get this error
again, but maybe I need some further tests, so don´t see this as a final
statement.
But: With this drivers, I have heavy artefacts on N-TV and VIVA 1. All
other free german channels (at least from the autopid-channels.conf)
made no problems. Using again the old drivers, there were no problems.
Maybe this has to do with the PCI latency, but the last drivers I tried
also worked with a PCI latency of 64 and AFAIK this is also the default
value of the new drivers. Additionally I think that if there was a
latency problem with the latest drivers more channels would be affected.
Going to check the new introduced 'latency' parameter this evening...

Any ideas or similar experiences with the new drivers?

Jörg