[vdr] Re: migration to 1.2.2

Am Sam, 2003-08-09 um 17.16 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:

> I simply copied it over the new channels.conf
>
> That was a bad idea...(i found later)
>

> VDR starts as expected, ARD is selected.
> When i now try to switch to "1" i got
> "invalid channel" on the screen and no name for the channel.
>
> /var/log/messages does not complain about anything.
>
> but /var/log/syslog shows those lines:
>

> vdr[3348]: loading /video/channels.conf
> vdr[3348]: ERROR: channel data not unique!
> vdr[3348]: ERROR: error in /video/channels.conf, line 133
> vdr[3348]: loading /video/timers.conf
> vdr[3348]: ERROR: channel 10 not defined
> vdr[3348]: ERROR: error in /video/timers.conf, line 1
>
> "ERROR: channel data not unique!" ?
>
> Ok, i had appended "old but formerly known" channel entries to
> the end of the script "for future reuse" and
> i had several entries in several groups
> for example all "vert" channels made a separate group
> and all "horz" too, channels are grouped
> for channel hopping and themes too (all music channels together,
> all stock exchange channels together regardless of languages,
> all france language together etc.).
>

> I was _very_ surprised that this causes VDR to discard the entire
> channels.conf but still loads! I really did not expect that because
> the reason is not obvious for me as user: why i should not make
> double entries (i found it very convient).
> Because VDR seems to start I assumed that those dupes has been
> gracefully ignored...but VDR was not operable in this state!
>
> Ok, i found a script (Christian Pesch, Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:48:02 +0200,
> Resort channels.conf) that rearranges the new channels.conf and throwsaway
> all dupes.
>
> But still there was a
> "ERROR: channel 31 not defined"
> a "wc -l channels.conf" gives 158 or so.
>

> After some counting i found that lot of my "old" channels
> were not in the new channels.conf (only 28 made the way)
> and that a ":@201" force a jump from 28 to 201 in numbering...

Your problem is not only channels.conf but also timers.conf.

VDR-1.0.4 identified channels line-based, while VDR-1.1.x identifies
channels by UIDs, which are calculated by the values of specific fields
in a channel-entry.

Your old timers.conf wants to access channel 31, which of course does
not exist if you have not specified any channel between 28 and 201
(:@XXX is a placeholder meaning all following channels are to be kept
free until XXX).

You have to delete your timers.conf. And your channels in channels.conf
have to be unique (no channel-entry may contain the same settings of
another one).

See man 5 vdr for information about UIDs and channel-entries.

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24