[vdr] VIA enhanced Xine Player and VDR any actions planed?

Hello guys,

since a few days the enhanced Xine Player
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/viaexp) for Via Boards is existing. It
uses the inbuild hardware MPEG2 decoding chips of the via boards. I
actually use the M9000 with a fan and it is quite usable for Divxing
without VeXP.

I would like to swap it out to a M6000 with less computation power and
less noise. But pehaps it is usable for Divxing with using the hardware
facilities regarding MPEG.

So whats VDR related to write on this list? How is it possible to use
VeXP instead of mplayer to view AVIs?

As far as I could think it would also be possible to use VDR with a Epia
Board and only a nova card using the MPEG chip onboard to view TV. That
would be nice and realy cheap to build a VDR. Is that something that is
covered with the xine plugin which is currently under development?

If I missed a discussion on that sorry. A short hint in the right
direction would be grat.
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com