[vdr] Re: remote controle hangup

Klaus wrote:

> sometimes all buttons
> > > for some time
> > > something
> > > lircrc not vdr)
> > >
> > > Is this "plain vanilla" VDR, or are there any patches/plugins
> involved?
> > Its vdr-1.2.2(built with REMOTE=LIRC) with dvb-driver-1.0.0,
> ttxtsubs is the
> > only plugin installed,
> > ir-reciever is a serial lirc(an animax serial ir-receiver).
> > (this problem was also with my other config(vdr-1.2.1 and
> dvb-1.0.0-pre3)
> >
> > > Is VDR busy doing something when this occurs?
> > It could be, i wouldnt know, i dont have console output, only
> tv connected.
> >
> > > Is there an entry like "max. latency time 4 seconds" in the
> log file (with
> > > a number that's as large as the response delay you experience)?
> > No, nothing in the log.
> >
> > I just have to mention that i have a nexus ci-module
> installed(the one with
> > a built in ir-receiver).
> > I havent managed to get this one to work very well so im not
> using it, but i
> > havent disabled it
> > in any way in the driver. Dunno if this could have an effect..
>
> Well, it might be worth a try.
Yes it seemed to have worked.. no hangups since disabling the hauppauge rcu,
time will show:)

btw.. i think the hangups could be dvb driver related..
I was testing the hauppauge rcu with the
evtest(DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/evtest) program and had problems getting it
to read any keypresses.
When finally getting it to work it would work fine for a while then die(by
die i mean no output for evtest), no response..