[vdr] Re: VDR's OSD via xine

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 16:53, Thomas Keil wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:12:20 +0200
>
> Reinhard Nissl <rnissl@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I hope, you are not refering to
> > http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-osd-raw.png,
> > because this was my first try to see VDR's OSD and is not rendered
>
> No, I was referring to http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-osd-xine-xshm.png
> It's admittably somewhat blocky, but I thought this is due to the weird
> aspect ratio of 1.61. The image is crystal crispy and very sharp, unlike
> the output of the FF-DVB or KVDR or whatever where my white letters very
> often have pink/red shadows - well, not really shadows but some pixels,
> looks something like antialiasing, are pink.

That things are not kvdr's fault but the OSD chips, just BTW ;-)
the blurry letters of kvdr result of the filtering/upscaling process and
can't be avoided that way, it would be more appropriate to "draw" the osd on
the final surface (aka the already upscaled video-frame) than draw the OSD on
the video and upscale later...

I assume that the xine-plugin does purely use software decoding?

would really like to have an alternative to the always locking up dvb-card
and still be able to choose between window/fullscreen/tv-out ...

Guido