[vdr] Re: Problems with DVB

Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 00:01 schrieb Juri Haberland:
> > Starting DVB on boot :
[...]
> > Setting latency timer of device 00:11.5 to 64
>
> This looks good. You should see something like "Convergence (c) 2000" on
> your TV, which will scroll down after a few seconds.

I don't.

> > Aug 13 16:19:43 linux kernel: Got silent jpeg.
>
> I've never seen this message before. This is not from the current DVB
> drivers... (at least a 'grep' for jpeg doesn't yield any output)

I didnt know whether it belongs to DVB or not so I left it in the logs.

> > Starting VDR 1.1.25 ( on Suse-CD )
[...]
> > (pid=1911) Aug 13 16:22:47 linux vdr[1906]: remote control KBD - learning
> > keys
>
> Ok, VDR started, found your card and wants now to learn which key on your
> keyboard should do what action. You should see some questions on TV, too.

I don't.

> > Aug 13 16:22:54 linux kernel: av71100: ARM crashed!
>
> That's bad. You should reload the driver after this happens (cd
> /usr/src/DVB/driver; make reload)

The driver didn't really crash. This was when I tried to stop VDR with Ctrl-C but I didnt help.
So I killed the process.

> As you have a DVB-S card:
> Did you already attach the dish to the card? It is said, that the driver
> has problems, when a DVB-S card doesn't get a signal (I don't use DVB-S
> myself). That might lead to the seen ARM crash.

I think i did it properly.
With windows i get the TV Program.
If the adapter from the card to the TV isnt working I should still see something on kvdr, right ?

> This leads to another question:
> Which version of the DVB driver do you use? preX, final, CVS (from when)?

I used the one that comes with Suse 8.2 and now I'm using the newest release from the Net.

> > Starting VDR 1.2.2 ( compiled )
[...]
> > (pid=1922) Aug 13 16:23:15 linux vdr[1920]: remote control KBD - learning
> > keys
>
> This doesn't look as good as with 1.1.25, but this is probably due to the
> ARM crash. Please try again with a freshly loaded driver.

I tried it after restart but with the same result.

> Well, all in all it looks very good, but you really should see something
> on the composite TV out. Does it still work with Windows, meaning: do you
> still see a picture on your TV when uing Windows? (there is a slight
> chance of killing the TV out of these cards...)

TV is sure working, I could see TV well over win.
On win I dont watch TV over TV-Out of the DVB but with TV-Out of the Graphics Card.
Is there a tool with which I can test this TV-OUT of the DVB-Card ?

Dennis