[vdr] Re: Problems with DVB

Dennis schwerdel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 12:19 schrieb Juri Haberland:
>
>> Well, my question remains: do you get a picture on TV if you run the card
>> within Windows?
>
> Yes I do. But this picture comes over my desktop and goes over the graphics card.
> I want to use vdr with the TV-Out of the DVB-card.
> I didnt find any free tool to send video over the dvb-card on win so i couldnt test this case with win.

Denis, is it me or you not understanding?

I want you to connect your TV set with a cinch cable to the Video-Out of
your DVB card. Directly. Without any other stuff like graphic cards
inbetween. Just a single cable from the DVB to the TV. That simple.

Then start Windows and the Technotrend application (or whatever program
you use within Windows). Now my question: Do you get a picture on TV?

Or am I getting you wrong:
Do you want to do with Linux the same as you do with Windows: You want to
see the picture of your graphics card on your TV set?

Cheers,
Juri