[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > version 1.1.29
> from
> > > the faulty
> the
> > > problem.

> this
> > > problem
> > > with any

> VDR.
> > > >

> > > Ohh, thanx, did not receive that one. I hope I find the time to do that
> > > tests, but
> > > it takes a long time for each test (up to 5 days to be sure).
> > > For the moment, I can live with my bash skript, that I posted some time
> ago.
> > > It
> > > watches the syslog for "unknown picture type" and if found does a
> restart of
> > > VDR.
> > > That no real solution, but this way my recordings are OK.
> >
> > Couldn't you do just the same inside VDR, by triggering an "emergency
> exit"
> > when that condition occurs?
> >
> > Of course, that's no solution...
>
> My script does a "killall -9 vdr" and then writes a short message like
> "UPT-Failure"
> followed by date and time into a logfile. How can I do that from inside VDR
> ?
>
> Tilo

Well, it's very simple:

- locate the file that contains the error message:

  kls@hawk2:/home/kls/vdr/VDR > grep "nknown picture ty" *.c
  remux.c:                           esyslog("ERROR: unknown picture type '%d'", pt);

- edit that file and change the lines

                        if (pt < I_FRAME || B_FRAME < pt)
                           esyslog("ERROR: unknown picture type '%d'", pt);

                        if (pt < I_FRAME || B_FRAME < pt) {
                           esyslog("ERROR: unknown picture type '%d'", pt);
                           cThread::EmergencyExit(true);
                           }

Klaus