[vdr] Re: What about a trace log level Klaus?

> Steffen Moldaner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it would be nice to have a trace log level in vdr for the weather plugin,
> > because I don't like the crowded Syslog. The trace level should be more
> > detailed than the debug level (See patch against vdr-1.2.2 below).
>
> Since, as you write, you only need this in your plugin, I suggest you
> handle this _inside_ your plugin.

Sure, but I thought this is the normal logging (debugging) behavior in VDR. And I think the plugins are "part" of VDR,
hence they should use the VDR logging functionallity.
Maybe this points out that the logging functionallity could be enhanced. Just my opinion.

> Imagine several plugins (and, eventually, VDR itself) using this facility.
> Then you would get _all_ the information of _all_ plugins, even if you only
> want to debug one of them. Sure, you could start VDR only with the plugin
> you want to debug, but what if you actually need at least another plugin
> for, e.g., implementing the primary DVB device?

But this is the state now, if I look into my syslog (debug enabled). Maybe seperate logging levels for each plugin would be nice.

Steffen