[vdr] Re: Found Components for a silent P4

Oliver,

>Thats all I know as I have not built a silent system yet. Please coment
>If you have any more information or experiences! Hope this information
>is of value to anybody.

Just a word of caution. Remember that the power converted into heat in your
system should be transported out of your case. You will otherwise get a
tremendous heat build-up inside your case which is probably not what you
want. In systems with fans this rarely is a problem air is moved out of the
case. In a fan-less system this is not the case. Even with fans, you can get
a 20+ degrees centigrade temperature difference between the inside and
outside of the case.

Choose your case carefully!

That said, the NCU-1000 is very interesting. Do anyone know if there is a
variant for socket A or socket 370/7?

Best regards
 Sven